Thursday, May 29, 2008

Here There Everywhere

Things have been weirdly changing and weirdly the same. Two weeks ago, I was flying and now I'm swimming in a vast ocean with no idea which way is land. Everything is fine and yet not quite. I've made friends with my new team, but I still don't feel like I'm a part of anything. Our wee apartment is lovely in the springtime, yet our washer's broken. I'm finally taking pole dancing lessons, but now I can't bend my arms at the elbows all the way.

In many ways, I'm used to this... the ever changing tide of an emotional Piscean. I suspect that I've lost my way in the demands of others. Putting me in an undefined role allows me too much room to roam and I think I've roamed too far. In the past two weeks, I've gone from being an acting creative director to submitting recommendations for a social media strategy. There haven't been any new competitive reviews to do, which is weird. And quite frankly, I'm annoyed that I still don't have a job title.

I know that job titles don't mean shit. Especially in my industry. But I still want one. It's like having an address or a phone number. How are people supposed to know who the hell you are? So that might be why I'm on edge, that and the fact that I haven't sat down and talked to my boss in two weeks either. Clearly it's all in my head because all I need to do is knock on his door and say hi. But I feel weird about it because I don't have anything to show him. The work I've been doing has been for other people. I feel silly for wasting his time. Argh. I should check and see if he's still here.

OK he's not there, but tomorrow I'm gonna do it. Why am I such a neurotic beast sometimes???

P.S. Did you notice that I just added twitter to my blog? It's easier than blogging and gets updated daily.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home