Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Blogger History

It's amazing how long it's been since I sat down and wrote here. For awhile, I shied away because this is connected to Facebook and with over 300 friends, I started feeling a bit shy about blogging again.

The thing with this blog is it's where I let myself explore the darkest recesses of my Self. And while I'm sure not that many people actually read it, I think there are more silent readers now than before.

In the original days of Everytime I Feel Like Alice, there were only a handful of readers: The NotSelf, Datura's Garden, Sweaty Blistered Sneaker Toe, Fudge and Pazzol Rama. If you knew them, you would know that this is a very unique group of people and it's been a priviledge blogging with them.

So knowing that the audience is a bit wider now, I'm still feeling shy about talking about my personal life at the moment. However, I'm enjoying this walk down memory blog lane, and will continue down this path until there is nothing more to add.

What's in a name?


The name Everytime I Feel Like Alice is a line out of a story I wrote in 2004 based on a most memorable mushroom trip. There's an obvious connection between Alice and mushroom trip, but the phrase is more significant than that at least to me personally.

I've been known to be impulsive - it's both a weakness and a strength of mine. A weakness in that sometimes I do things without considering the full consequences and a strength because it allows me to go places I probably wouldn't go if I actually thought about it. The result is that I often put myself in situations that are thrilling and uncomfortable.

These bouts of impulsiveness can be described as Times I Feel Like Alice. It's a rush like falling down a tunnel and you don't know when it might stop and you don't know if you're going to land on your head or your ass. Or your feet and your knees break.

Remember ICQ?


DelinquencySignal is a handle I used to use in high school. I used it on ICQ for a little while - I changed my nickname often back then. But I really love the sound of it and have been lucky to get it for my blog name as well as my YouTube channel name.

I think this name really sheds light on the shit-disturber side of me, which I'm sure for some of you may be difficult to imagine. But ask my mother. She will tell you. That's all I need to say about that.

Properties

Blogger isn't my first blog. From 1998-2003, I ran my own Geocities website called Krazyjasmine's Krazy Website that used to attract 200 new visitors per month. I was amused with spelling my own name "wrong" (there's no E!). This was essentially a blog where I wrote about my day, my friends, my woes, my joys... But it also had many incarnations including a fan site for my Quake II clan, Clan [519] and my high school crew: Bitch Ass Crew, which included a members section.

Blog Philosophy


Blogging is not for everyone. I'm not even sure if it's for me. But I think essentially what always brings me back to it is my love of this vast interweb where my words, my thoughts, my dreams becomes one with the great www.

There's nothing spiritual about it, though. Don't get me wrong, I do not worship the internet. It's the sheer fact of it, of all of this information being stored in machines and shared across the world through wires and microwaves... the reality of it inspires me to blog. To participate in my own insignificant way. Here... no contribution is too small because the reward is personal. You get what you put in. And there's beauty in that.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Pazzol said...

I still check up on you more than you post :)

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home