Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cubicle Depression

Fortunately, I haven't been asked to pick up lunch or serve coffee - yet. But working at an advertising agency - at least this agency - is not as glamorous as I imagined. But I do have my own desk, phone and computer. I have not wasted any time in personalizing my voicemail message, getting a new wallpaper for my desktop, and placing my Little Penguin buddy on top of my computer. This is the first time I've ever been given my own personal workspace that I don't have to share with other people. But I am right next to the photocopier, so I get to see all the creatives when they pick up their work. I haven't really talked to anyone yet, but I have four months so I'm in no hurry to throw myself at anyone.

So far, I've been writing reports. I pass the time by constantly cleaning my e-mail box or going to the washroom. I'm starting to wish I smoked. Again.

They keep sending me these marketing/advertising news e-mails and our agency is never mentioned! They praise Ogilvy & Mathers, John St., DDB, Saatchi & Saatchi, but I haven't heard anything about my agency yet. And we're supposed to be the number one agency in Canada. Perhaps we're so big that we're slaves to our big-headed clients like GM, McDonald's, and General Mills. I met a girl the other day whose entire cubicle looked like the cereal aisle of a grocery store.

I'm fucking bored. Anyone got a cigarette?

2 Comments:

Blogger sweaty said...

i'll split a pack with you so we can both be non-smoker smokers for a night. what are you doing after work this week? i would most intensely LOVE to see you if you're free sometime soon.

2:26 PM  
Blogger sweaty said...

man, i picked some up for us, but we still need to find a light and a secret place to smoke em!

hey, check your mail when you have a minute.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home