Monday, December 19, 2005

It's like I wasn't even there.

What can I say about the Christmas party?

It happened and almost everything went as planned. There were DEFINATELY things that could've been better managed. But I don't want this post to be about my personal criticism on the event. I spent the entire ride home from Newmarket on Saturday crying because I was being crushed by my own perfectionistic standards. Good thing Ryan was there to scream some sense into me.

Basically, I spent the Friday morning tying up loose ends and getting ready for the party. Datura arrived at 7 to get dressed, and we took the most roundabout way to get to The Church because the traffic was just stupid in the city. Poor Nicole called me at 7:30 wondering where the fuck I was. She was probably almost as nervous as I was!

When we got there, I had to get to work. At first, everything was chill - Osaze was playing some kick ass tunes, and everyone seemed to be really enjoying themselves. Then the dancers came on and they asked Osaze to play fuckin dance beats and shit which was what first threw me into a fit of hyper-ventilation just cuz it was too fucking much!

I thought maybe a joint would help me relax, and sweet sweet Frost hooked me up with a cool chick from his company to smoke me up. It's weird being smoked up by someone you don't even know, and I ended up unloading some of the party planning horror on her which in retrospect was very inconsiderate of me, but the pot and the tobacco and my empty stomach made me feel miserable.

I tried to eat - I sat by myself when everyone was done dinner and ate some vegetables and salad because I would've thrown up anything else. I still haven't really figured out why I was so stressed out! Just nerves I guess... the pressure of being held responsible for such a big party was too much for one little mitten like me to handle.

I found Datura for a much needed hug.

Not all of the evening was bad though... I got to meet SO many wonderful people and a lot of contacts in the event planning industry. =D I fluttered around making sure everyone was having a good time, and though many people complimented me on the party - some insanely insecure part of my brain kept imagining the criticism twinkling in their eyes. The words that should have made me elated were consistently soured by my own goddamn insecurity.

I couldn't even enjoy my Squints victory! Yes, once again I have emerged the Squints Champion 2005 - that's two years in a row. And yes, I admit I do practice, but this year was the first year I practiced. After all, I had a title to defend. The prize this year went up to $2,500 which will buy me a piano and then some. With an ass this talented, I'm seriously considering getting it insured.

This review of the party is pretty dry. I can't think of anything else to say! I honestly don't remember very much of it because I was too preoccupied with the technicalities of the event. Tomorrow, I will write about my feelings; about my emotional outburst on Saturday; about my impromptu holiday treats for my friends; and all the other bullshit drama neurotic blah blah blah that's going through my head.

But for now, this is what you get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home