Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Body. Style. VeloCity





Those are the best ads out of my campaign. They're supposed to be full-page newspaper broadsheets in black and white. I'm A LOT better at doing black and white design than anything. I'm colour-retarded, but I'm learning.

I got an A for this project. That entire class was called The Big Book, and as Datura can tell you, it's just a big book that I bound in hardcover which entails an entire advertising campaign from start to finish. The purpose of the campaign was to generally change the image of bicycle culture in Canadian urban centres. Hopeful... but I doubt any real companies would want to invest in something like this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Frosted said...

The Party WAS FANTASTIC :D. Your DJ boy let me down for about 2 hours there when the dancers came out... cause they were an abomination. But Everythign else was wonderful. The food, the music and especially the company. You made a wonderfully squinting host.

PS I'm so happy you won 2 years is a row :P Bit of a windfall hu? CONGRATS!

9:26 AM  
Blogger sweaty said...

congratulations!!!

on your new wealth
on the enviable musculature of your ass (year after year)
on your competing with style (you crowd pleaser/teaser, you)
on your schoolin A, and awesome ads
on throwing a damn good party and surviving the planning horrors

now i wish i'd gone last night. i stayed up for the unplanned hotel after party (rick, leah, and anna) and wish you could've attended too. BUT someday soon we SHALL see each other faces to faces, and in the meantime, RELAX with some deep rewarding brain sunggling inhalations and think of how great you are not only to have survived the last few months, but to have super succeeded at everything you had to do.

now blow some money online.

4:44 PM  
Blogger El Mahboob said...

The ads look fantastic min min! Big up on the A, well deserved. Hey, and I don't look like a complete wanker pretending to ride somewhere without a jacket in sub-zero weather. that was bananas

11:20 AM  
Blogger min_o said...

You were amazing!!!!!! That was a crazy photoshoot! THank you THANK YOU for risking your life for me. If you're free on Wednesday at noon, Krista and I are meeting at The Roastery to look at the big book together. I'd love it if you came too. =) I owe you a chai latte.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home