Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Aww... it's the Christmas Spirit! How cute!


The school days are tumbling rumbling by and there's only about a month left before third semester has been triumphed and the Christmas holidays begin. At the beginning of the year, I was depressed (as some of you may have noticed)... just because summer had been so adventurous and fun and I got to meet all kinds of cool people. And I don't know what it is about my program, but it has just attracted some pretty nasty girls who dress like Christina Aguilera in November, and really square pegs you know. =P Just not used to it I guess...

Not that I haven't also met some very cool people over the school year. Like yesterday, I had breakfast with a very talented photographer, Krista, who has agreed to photograph my print ads for me. I knew I was going to like her when she suggested to meet at Tequilla Bookworm because it's one of my favourite places to drink coffee and read magazines for free. We talked about my VeloCity campaign (the ads will be posted once they've been put together), and she told me about some of the projects that she's been working on. I found her online portfolio through a friend and fellow blogger Kalimba who was kind enough to dance with me at the party at Olivier's gallery. That was a fun night! And Kalimba is an excellent dancer.

Anyway, in retrospect, my early program depression was also due to my expectation that things were somehow going to be different this year in the program. That the nasty bitches would miraculously disappear, and the square pegs were going to discover their inner roundness, but no everything stayed the same. It was my fault for expecting something that wasn't going to happen. With time, I've just gotten used to the fact that few people in my program are on my wavelength and in the end it's always just going to be about vibes. It doesn't matter if someone's 18 or 60 years old, it's always going to come down to vibes.

The Christmas holidays has never been so exciting. Growing up, Christmas meant one dinner with my whole family where we eat Chinese food and give each other presents that we bought during Boxing Week last year. That is the Chinese way. However, Ryan's family goes all out by cooking a ham and a turkey and pies and cakes and cookies and generally just eating and drinking wine all night while catching up with people they only get to see once a year. Then on Boxing Day instead of kicking ass at the mall, we drive up north to spend Christmas with Ryan's dad's family where his grandfather will make some not-too-subtle hint about great-grandchildren (Ryan's the oldest grandkid). Somehow, I don't think telling him that I'm only 21 will change his attitude.

So as the days and weeks go drifting by, I just wanted to take a moment to look back on where I've gone this past semester, and what I have to look forward to in December. There's much work to do, so I'll get back to it. I hope to see most of you people over the holidays! That's another thing to look forward to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Frosted said...

He he he! Start pumpin em out and make the old man happy! I promise a lavish shower gift.

7:12 AM  
Blogger min_o said...

really? a diamond studded pacifier perhaps? howz about a solid gold diaper genie? i accept ur generous offer and i plan on having a soccer team of mini humans one day. well maybe more like the white stripes. but definately NO moby.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home