Sunday, November 27, 2005

Coffee.

Disaster. I'm about to embark on a two week schedule of non-stop work for the final stretch of the third semester, when this morning, I broke the coffee carafe for the coffee maker. There is a Coffee Time around the corner, but I'm too spoiled to drink their coffee. The closest decent coffee house is The Roastery which is a 15 minute walk away, but is not open on Sundays, and closes by 5pm on weekdays.

We're still waiting to hear back from the coffee maker manufacturer to see if they will send a replacement carafe to Canada. In the meantime, I've got a whole box of imported green tea, which is what I'm drinking right now. I have to keep telling myself that tea has just as much caffein.

Luckily, I already had a cup of coffee at the breakfast place this morning, so I have narrowly escaped the onset of caffein withdrawl for one day. But it's not the caffein I miss the most. It's what I need, but what I really miss is that warm aroma of freshly brewed coffee filling the apartment, and the full rich taste of whatever organic blend of coffee we bought from Moon Bean with two spoons of brown sugar and just enough cream. Tear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Pazzol said...

Looks like you're gonna hafta slum around your apartment with some mangy coffee from the CT. At least you'll have a cool balloon hat on. I like balloon hats almost as much a tin-foil gimp masks.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Frosted said...

you and my mother, you'll die with coffee grinds under your nails.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home