Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Anti-Climax

My snow bush is dead and I can't find my new copy of DUNE: The Battle of Corrin anywhere. The full thrust of winter that we felt so sure was here to stay during the holidays has withered into a miserable grey drizzle and I haven't done anything for the past two - or three days. Let me check what day it is today ... Wednesday. So I've wasted three days sitting at home feeling lathargic and eating Campbell's Soup.

Christmas was awesome as usual. I was fighting off a cold the entire four days (Christmas Eve to Boxing Day - from my mom's house to Ryan's dad's in Barrie). There's something about Christmastime that kills my immune system and my head inflates like a helium balloon. Right now, I'm fighting off a cough that even Buckley's isn't taking care of. But all the pot I'm smoking doesn't help.

There is no reason for this post-Christmas depression. I had a very relaxing New Year with Datura and we went to a bizarrely polite and boring Christmas party in Richmond Hill. Why the hell are we - city people - going to fucking Richmond Hill for NYE??? I had invitations to all kinds of big parties in the city, but for some reason couldn't find it in myself to go to any of them. It feels silly paying $45 - $70 to attend a NYE party.

I basically fucked away my prize money by treating almost everyone who came my way to one extravagant meal or another. Why do I hate money? It's almost as if I secretly believe that by immediately reinvesting any money that comes into my hands into the fun and interesting areas of my life, I will be rewarded by Karma with more money to do more of the same.

Check out my new piano.



It only has like 5 settings, but the price was right and it feels fucking amazing. I don't believe in plastic hallow keys. When I play the piano, I like to feel it. Right now, I can only play one song, but it'll take time. I still need a proper music stand and a light. These dreary January days spreads very little sunlight into the apartment.

So it looks like I'm back to being a poor boring college student again. No more party planning, no more $2,500, and no more Christmas presents.

4 Comments:

Blogger Datura said...

i guess you'll just have to finish off the rest of ryans williams sonoma chocolate candy cane heaven and contemplate delicious life.
you got what you wanted out of that prize you won with your ass.. what more could you ask for?
you have your whole life to be a good investing chinese girl, you can't escape it. relax. you are an aware being. you're life won't go to hell over one christmas. now go! go work those weighted keys and write us a song of peaches and mitten noodle soup.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Matthew Pazzol said...

I wish my ass's anticlimaxes ended-out furnishing me with new musical equiptment.

Weighted keys, heard as "waited keys", sounds like they are either being lazy and waiting, or being served like you are their waitor. . . did I tell you all I'm waiting tables these days?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Frosted said...

Freezerpop and barcelona - check your six - our girls got a cassio (or a reasonable facsimily thereof)

10:43 AM  
Blogger sweaty said...

i was just writing you an "is anybody out there?" email and, goshdarnit, here you ARE! holy awesome piano! i still can't play an actual "song" on my accordian, but i still like to freestyle it even though it sounds no sense. anyway, happy piano.

ick, my sweet, i'm sure you know the evil post-christmas, new years' blues are guaranteed to drag deeper when you're holed up from the cold and the days are all dark and dreary like they are in toronto these months. i always got more lazy and pissy jan and feb there. these are definitely the *seasonal affective disorder and holy fucking god i'm exhausted from christmas and new years didn't give me some great new perspective and now there's a whole new year ahead to be excited about and i just want to sleep instead and won't the dark freezing slushy ass mess go the fuck away?* time of year, so if you're feeling down, feel a bit better knowing that you'd be feeling better if it wasn't so awful out, but then again, maybe that's even more depressing. anyway, remember to blame it on the environment. maybe try different pot? melllow pot, vitamin D, soup, hot chocolate, and piano hugs, i say.

or mad, evil, cynical, jaded, fuck it all, fuck the world, manic blogging! we crave your bloggy communicado no matter how dark and sinister you or it could possibly get.

come to cali! you can live in my drawers, i mean, drawer. ;)

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home