Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Everytime I feel like Alice.

I decided to change my blog a little bit after I added some bloggity tools to The Bottom Rung. Probably inspired by The Grrl and her creative blogging, I now feel like I should put a little more efford into my blog and maybe more people will want to read it? I don't know. But changing the title and description makes me feel better.

My next step is to design a banner for both blogs. I'm not sure if I'll keep Everytime I feel like Alice because I don't want people to think my name IS Alice... The line came from a very intimate psychedelic story I wrote two years ago and there are many lines in the story that echo from within like: my body below, my spirit rises. These semi-coherent ramblings probably have no affect on anyone else except myself. But Everytime I feel like Alice always makes me feel like I'm falling spiralling down a deep hole (a rabbit hole as it may be).

Ever fall asleep on mushrooms?

Anyway, Datura is coming to visit tonight and I look forward to a nice reunion with her because I haven't seen her for so long. Since she has been neglecting her blog, I no longer feel bad for writing about her goings-on.

She has been spending a LOT of time Barrie. Personally, I think it's unhealthy for anyone to spend that much time in a place like Barrie, especially a spiritual artsy fart like Datura, but she is seeing a Boy there and liking it, so I guess we can let it slide for a little wee bit. Other than that the job hunt continues as she tries to infiltrate the Jewish community with her artistic abilities (ask her about it yourself).

6 Comments:

Blogger Datura said...

ok TIME OUT.
i'm glad you renamed your blog. it'll change again depending on your space of mind.
i'm also glad you feel such inspiration from the GRRL...she's an intense majic all of her own, how could you not?
and this bit about barrie? if you ever got out there you'd know it was beautiful. nature and the city inspire in circles, and yeah yeah they both meet in the middle somewhere, but all will come round again miss min, don't you worry about letting me slide. Who wants to stand still all the time? The boy is only one aspect of the live and let live relaxation I attain from that place. why do you think i stay there for so long? you think he has everyday off? i spend all kinds of time doing all kinds of things, including job search! the world wide web spans itself even north of toronto!
make no mistake. outside the mecca datura lives, its all part of the game. i'm almost ready to jump back in. i've not abandoned, i've mentally prepared. judge not intern, lest ye be judged!
muwahahaha...

8:29 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

Oh I've been to Barrie and it's a suburban landmine with a strip mall and Walmart and Kelsey's at every corner. The lake is about as natural as Toronto Harbour Front. But as a wise man once said, "Different strokes for different folks." I'm glad you are enjoying yourself up there and that you're finding so much joy in suburban life and The Boy! I'm proud of you for perservering in your job search - no CAREER search. And I'll come up sometime and you can show me how beautiful you think Barrie is.

8:55 AM  
Blogger min_o said...

P.S. Why don't you update your own blog?

8:55 AM  
Blogger min_o said...

YAY! You already did. =D

11:16 AM  
Blogger Datura said...

i'm sad that all you see north of the city is strip malls and fat people. true, true, but there is more...there is always more...look haarder simba. be like sloan and see the good in everyone.
don't be bitter like me.
;)

7:15 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

The fat people comment was uncalled for (except when I used to work for Le Chateau, we had a running joke with our custies whenever we ran out of small-medium sizes, then they should go to Barrie and they'll probably find what they want on sale). I just don't like cookie-cutter suburbs. I lived in one. it sucked. And I am going to be bitter because running away from the burbs was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Visiting the burbs is nice I'm sure, but the actual "culture" is brutal - so monotone and megamart. It worries me that I'm going to have to move to the burbs one day and raise kids, but by then, my priorities will be different. But I'll probably be very very picky when it comes to multi-culturalism, the school system and the neighbourhood.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home