Wednesday, June 14, 2006

SCHOOL SUX

I feel like a complete moron. And I share this with you, blog, because if I sit here with it brewing inside me, I'm going to start crying (again) and I'll be embarrassed because it's not so bad, and I'm really more upset with myself for being so retarded.

Basically, my school called me today to tell me that I can't graduate because I took the wrong gen ed course in fourth semester. I should have taken an English course, but instead, I took Myths, Dreams and Consciousness, which is a cultural course.

I honestly had no idea that... I thought I had to take six gen eds to graduate, that's what everyone was saying, so I took whatever I wanted. I already got my graduation picture taken and my mom's boyfriend is coming in from New York to attend the convocation. It's more embarrassing than anything.

I honestly don't care whether or not I get that diploma because I know I graduated and I'll put it in my résumé regardless, but I hate disappointing my mom. Again! All she's ever wanted was to see me graduate a post-secondary institution. Sure she'd prefer it were a university, but she'll settle for college if she has to. I'm just so angry that this stupid system is going to rob her of even that.

I'm going to fight this... but in previous experiences with fighting soul-less systems, I know that there's only a slim chance that they'll make an exception for me. What sucks is that I paid for this so-called education. What sucks is that my GPA is 3.8. What sucks is school. SCHOOL SUX.

4 Comments:

Blogger sweaty said...

:( that does suck but congratulations on your graduation all the same since you ARE graduating. but poo. :( i send you hugs from california - i miss you!

10:42 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

you called it! i am graduating (with honours har har har). weird story. the chair and the coordinator of the english department were really impressed by my mark in New Media Studies, which was a SUPER easy e-mail course where we basically e-mailed these cheesey responses to her new media questions (i.e. blogging, e-commerce, peer-to-peer file sharing, etc.). i think i even posted some of my responses on here when i was too lazy to blog. anyway, i got an A in that course and i had a good GPA so now i AM graduating, but my grad pic won't be in the little booklet at convocation.

11:09 AM  
Blogger El Mahboob said...

good news, min_o. what a nightmare that must have been...

9:50 AM  
Blogger Matthew Pazzol said...

Congratulations!

It's like the end of Oz when the scarecrow gets his brain . . . but without the midgets and wizards and talking animals.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home