Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Everybody makes their own fun. If you don't make it yourself, it isn't fun. It's entertainment.

I've been putting off posting because I did a drawing over the weekend and I wanted to post it, but I keep forgetting to upload the image from hoem and I tend to do most of my posts from work now, so it just keeps getting forgotten and forgotten...

Well, fuck that, I'll post it when I remember.

I started doing The Artist's Way again because I've been so depressed and for some reason, this book really helps. I think it's because my life is so completely out of my control - always waiting for someone else to tell me what to do, waiting for the summer to end, waiting to do real job interviews - and it frustrates me and turns me into a bit of a hateful old blob. But when I'm working on The Artist's Way, I can focus on something I CAN control - my creativity. When I'm focused on being creative, everything else seems less bad. And I find I'm overall more aware of my surroudings and other people, which helps my social awkwardness.

I must sound so crazy with all my spiritual self-help books. But between The Artist's Way and The Art of Happiness, I hope to find some inner peace. I was a really calm, zen-like kid growing up, and shit didn't hit the fan til I was 16 up til around 20. Almost like I woke up one morning with hormones raging and life was just one big drama. Everything from cheating on too many boys, morning-after pills, clubs, drugs (just a little) or screaming fights with my mom... in retrospect, it all feels like a bad dream.

Even when I met Ryan, I was quite different then than I am now. I was modelling for Miss Behav'N then and still extremely dramatic. We used to have fights where I would run off for hours and walk around Parkdale at night fuming over some minor misunderstanding.

In many ways, Ryan saved me from what could have been years and years of meldramatic crazy sexploitative single life. Oh the trouble I could have gotten into... Chuckle. Might've made for a more interesting blog. Instead now I'm all into being a well-balanced functioning human being and my biggest complaint is about being bored at work.

Tonight, Datura (hopefully) and I are going shoe shopping because there's a wedding this Saturday - an Italian-Portuguese wedding - and I need some pretty dancing shoes! Afterwards, we're going to hit up a $7 life drawing class at The Gladstone. There's always something fun going on at the Gladstone like on Sundays, they have Open Mike Night in the Fishtank and Ryan wants to start doing some poetry reading.

I'm not so much into poetry, but maybe I'll write a good monologue or something. Often, I write poetry that goes with my drawings, but they always sound lame. Everything I write sounds lame to me. Even this blog! Which is why I'm always always grateful for the few kind people who continue to read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home