Monday, November 20, 2006

the Universe is Calling

I found this post last Monday night. Nothing on this Vice Magazine message board had anything remotely to do with me. But for some reason, this Stacey girl was looking for me last May.

So, I looked up 72andSunny and find out it's an ad agency based in California AND Amsterdam. Excitement Level: Very High. It felt like something had reached out across the universe and grabbed me by the ear.

Turns out they are currently hiring for a new receptionist. But at least I know who they are - and they work with some pretty cool clients like XBox.

In this sequence of identical grey Toronto winter days, can you blame me for dreaming of the west coast? Ryan and I even discussed it so far as to what we would do if they really did have a job to offer me - I would move to California for a year to see if the job is stable and if life was financially sustainable, and if after a year, I didn't want to come back, he would look into the option of joining me.

So even though 72andSunny wasn't calling me from across the universe, perhaps this was to spark some foresight into a decision I may have to make later. I hold no illusions that I'm even close to ready to work competitively in the States, but the option is always there. Ideal European Places: Spain, Amsterdam, London, Berlin...

As I nurse my sledgehammer cold, I daydream of places that are 72* and sunny.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Pazzol said...

On the "up side", you'd only have to pack about half of your clothes. . .

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home