Wednesday, August 24, 2005

the help you need

For some reason, I'm feeling more strung out today than yesterday. People keep bugging me! I love being in reception, don't get me wrong, but every once in awhile, there are days when I don't want to talk to anyone! It's nothing personal, I just want to chill and do my own thing. Problem is, my job is NOT to chill and do my own thing, so it's a bit of a dilema. Fortunately the phones have been pretty quiet and Frosted just sent me this link: http://ruthlessreviews.com/top10/10blackmetal2.html which is where I got the scary picture from. I find myself being sucked into the dark crevacies of his backside...

Ryan is coming with me to the pop'n'lock (or is it lock'n'pop??) workshop tomorrow $20 each. He wants to wear a hat, but we looked all over Kensington Market on Monday and couldn't find one that fits his enormous head. I'm just kidding, he's 6'4" so it only makes sense for him to have a big head.

We walked around town on Monday after coming home from Big Foot. I finally bought that eisle I've been talking about and some acrylic paints and 4 pre-stretched canvases. I don't know what I'm going to paint yet. For some reason I keep waiting for that book, The Power of Limits, because I have it in my head that it will inspire me. I've thought of a good design for my tatt though so I'm probably going to work on that when I'm done blogging.

BTW - Fudge thanks for suggesting House of Leaves - it turns out Ryan already has it and he used to be obsessed with it too. I started reading it but haven't really had time to get into it yet. Ahh so much art and reading to do and only two weeks left til school! =( I'm going to miss the summer sun and Frosted, Datura & Du Hast downstairs but at least we have these blogs to keep it together.

I find that outside of school and work, it's really hard to make real friends and even the friends you make at school and work - once you're gone - it's really hard to stay friends. Being friends when you're an Adult takes a lot of effort.

Yesterday, I bumped into an old friend of mine, Devin, who is a talented singer/songwriter/guitarist who has recorded one album - The Help You Need, which no one will have heard of, but he has a beautiful voice that can be misleading because he can be a bit of an anal asshole in reality. Are there any musicians who AREN'T like that? Anyway, he's being stalked by an unknown female who leaves raging voicemail messages on his phone - he must have done something terrible to her. It's actually been going on for a year now. He never calls me, and I can never get through to him because he doesn't pick up his phone in order to screen this chick's calls, so it was good to see him on his way home from Price Chopper. We live down the block from each other but I only run into him maybe three times a year.

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend...

1 Comments:

Blogger min_o said...

>< *><* >< much appreciated =D

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home