Thursday, September 15, 2005

CAUTION: extremely boring post.

It's the end of Frosh week at school, and I haven't had to buy a lunch the past two days. There wasn't any free pizza today, but K'Naan was performing in the courtyard and there were lots of people chilling on the grass and listening to the tunes. I wish the school did stuff like this more often. And I wish summer could last forever. I have a four hour break on Thursdays during which we play cards and do homework, and talk about boobs and cocks and boys and girls and sex. Just like high school.

I basically have four friends at school: Jen, Ashley, Elisa and Peter. Jen is young and cynical and in her beats the heart of a true rebel. Ashley is young and cute, but I think she has the potential to go far in life because she's smart and she doesn't rely on her looks. Elisa is very easy to talk to and very cool, but the shit that comes out of her mouth guarantees her a spot in Hell. Peter is just a simple boy from Orangeville with big dreams and boundless energy. I think what originally brought us together is because we're the least threatening to one another. But with time, all these hours that forced us to be together have built quite the interesting friendship.

For some reason, I find it difficult to blog these days. Surely you guys aren't interested in the petty squabbles and gossip I hear at school. Also, it's the beginning of the year so nothing very exciting has happened yet. People have been on extremely good behaviour (with the exception of the Courtney incident mentioned earlier) and everyone is being really nice to everybody else. Besides that though, I've noticed a lull in blog activity amongst all of you so perhaps it's just a slow period for everyone. A new season. New adjustments. No doubt as we head towards winter when we're hiding inside more often, there will be more blog posts floating around for all.

I hate that this post is so boring!!! I just can't think of anything to say. Tell me, is it better to blog something boring or not blog at all? Do people care that what I just wrote has absolutely no pertinence to anything anyone else is doing out there; that quite possibly no one could care less about who I hang out with school and I shouldn't write unless I actually have something to say??? I don't know and I'm confused.

5 Comments:

Blogger Datura said...

fucking SPAM!
I like to hear about your rebel hell-bound-less energy school friends!

what i read today:

"oh who cares" we sometimes think at our most blue moments. "I am boring and writing is boring and writing about it all is boring too." At times like these we need to imagine that we are writing to someone who listens to us with the rapt attention of a new lover. Someone who wants to discover all there is to know about us, all we think, all we have thought, even all we might soon think!

-julia cameron, the sound of paper.

Write min-o, write.
:)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Frosted said...

I'm still reading - guess that means your not boring me :)

7:58 AM  
Blogger El Mahboob said...

Did you try turning on the word verification thing under settings>comments, to cut down on spam? I sound like a bloggerbot.

I stare at some very uninteresting collections of info during my day... it's a comfort to be able to catch up on friends whether their words are profound or prosaic. When I play my keys, I don't really care what comes out, it's mostly the act itself that counts for me.

1:11 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

You guys are the best. Thanks! I should stop trying to blog from school, that place is a black hole for creativity. Which is actually a little scary considering the program I'm a part of.

7:46 AM  
Blogger sweaty said...

you're interesting. i have suspicions that even your most boring blogging would be honest and revealing (which = interesting) so blog boring than not at all.

and besides, i must know what you're thinking.
at all times.

i will get back up to speed. toronto-hollywood-philly-san francisco-hollywood = my excuse for my lag slacker abloggy, but i will continue with my return to my boring blog posts... just getting back on track.

MORE PLEASE, MIN_O.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home