Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sleeping with the Devil

It didn't take me very long to remember what I dreaded about going back to college. After my so very enlightening summer, where I took leaps and bounds in terms of self-improvement, I found myself once again at the pit of human nature.

In design class, we were given an assignment to design a logo for ourselves, so I drew a fish that's shaped like a J with wings. Pretty simple to understand - I'm a Pisces, my name is Jasmin and I can fly. I'm showing this to my design teacher, Richard Slaven, a real character with a Hulk Hogan mustache, and I'm explaining my rationale to him and this girl, Courtney, sticks her stupid head in and says, "It looks like a logo for a seafood restaurant." I'm not going to rant, but needless to say, I was hurt and angry because this isn't a girl I fight with, she's just someone in my class that I usually ignore. We have nothing in common, we don't speak to each other, I can't for the life of me understand what made her say what she did.

And that's that.

Otherwise, it's already starting to seem like a stressful year. We only have 3 months to do a giant campaign for a social cause (mine will be teenage homelessness in Toronto) that includes everything from research to execution, a portfolio, a complete personal stationary package, a self-promotion poster, a bunch of little assignments and tests, and this has only been the second day of class.

Tomorrow is my first break-dancing class with Ryan. Hope he's ready!!! It's gonna be hilarious. Oh, it's also been my second day sober, and I think I might keep it that way. Kellie and I went to see an open mic show yesterday at Oasis on College and I paid a lady named Maria $20 for a cd she made at home drunk because I loved her song Sleeping with the Devil so very very much. It's blues-y and she's got an amazing deep rumbly voice that breaks out into the clearest soprano you've ever heard. It's quite amazing.

Anyway, I'm sorry this isn't a real post. =( I'll write more when I can...

1 Comments:

Blogger Frosted said...

blog spam!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home