Monday, August 29, 2005

La Peche Mode

It looks like I'm not going anywhere for Labour Day Weekend. My original plan was to go to New York City with Liz. Then I was going to Montreal with Liz. Then my mom told me that she was going to New York to see her boyfriend. Then I wasn't going anywhere because of La Peche Mode - a.k.a. Peaches, Triangle Head, Pachizzo, Patches, Ass Muncher, Stinky, Asshole, Bad Mischief!, Slut, Mogwai. She's 8 years old and weighs 23 lbs - a mutant of a Lhassa Apso. We've been feeding her toothbrush shaped doggie biscuits to try to clean her teeth. The picture, by the way, is not of my dog, but to give you an idea, Peaches is about 3 times larger, hairier and dirtier.

With a little dog like that, you'd think it would be easy to leave her in the care of some sympathetic friend, but unfortunately, she's a big asshole, and it would be unfair to unload her on to someone during a long weekend. So, it looks like it will just be her and me this Labour Day weekend - frollicking in the sun, singing in the rain, with the hills all alive with the sound of music...

I'm designing my first tattoo right now. It's going to be two fish (Pisces) swimming in opposite directions in the shape of the infinity symbol. It took me a while to figure it out because if the heads are at opposite ends of the symbol, the tails fan out on the same side, which makes the symbol unbalanced. I forget who finally figured this out for me by having the two fish meet at the centre of the symbol (like they're kissing) and have the tales fan out in a circle. This works perfectly and now I'm simply trying to decide whether or not I want this permanently inked onto my skin.

Wonderland was delicious. Everyone who went got along very well, and we had a very nice dinner at the local Kelsey's where they overcooked my linguine.

We had a BAC dinner on Sunday. It stands for Bitch Ass Crew - est. 1998 to honour the friendship of 4 very different Chinese kids about to start high school together. The original members are Cheryl - an accounting student with an evil eye so powerful even the toughest of mortals succomb to her glare; David - a business student whose cynacism and sarcasm has given way to a Zen-like apathy; and Adrian - a physiotherapy student whose sense of humor and charm allows him to get away with all kinds of stupid crazy things (he is also the one who came up with the name and for some reason, no one disagreed with him). We've been trying to weave in honourary members like Ryan and Adrian's girlfriend, Joanna, which will no doubt be a slow process because we are all such different people, it will be difficult for outsiders to understand what it is that keeps us together. But I think our differences is what makes our friendship ever more precious as the older we get, the less open we are to people of different mindsets and lifestyles. Cheryl, for example, is a church-going smarty pants, and I think I enjoy the fact that my best friend is secretly a spiteful manipulator as much as she enjoys the fact that beneath my wild ways, I'm actually a very sweet person (when I want to be anyway). It's easy to like people like ourselves, but it's much more interesting to like people who are different.

This is the much neglected BAC webpage I made in high school.

Just another week to go and then it's back to school. The new receptionist's name is Peaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home