Friday, July 22, 2005

The Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-immergence of Hip Hop


It is my belief that Hip Hop is taking a major break in the mainstream right now because it was so oversaturated in North America that even kids in Aurora are switching from 92.5 to 107.9 this summer. This is going to give hip hop culture the time to re-coop, weed out the losers who were a flash in the pan anyway (hopefully that includes 50 cent), and come back as a positive and energetic contributer to mainstream music.

BTW, for those of you who have asked, I started my break dancing lesson BEFORE So You Think You Can Dance. I just happen to love the style, and I've always loved dancing to hip-hop music. Plus, I think b-girls are fuckin hot. I've done the goth-girl, I've done the rocker-girl, I've done the hippie-girl, and I've done the retro-girl... but none of those girls have any friggen skillz! I want to be able to rock it with the best of them, and break-dancing is definately the way to go. It demands serious committment and determination, and just because I don't go walking around with one pant leg rolled up and a beanie cap on my head, doesn't mean I don't have the moves.

5 Comments:

Blogger Frosted said...

HH issssssssss
4sx 4sx 4sx
4sx 4sx 4sx
4sx 4sx 4sx
4sx 4sx 4sx
4sx 4sx 4sx

9:10 AM  
Blogger min_o said...

only someone who has a complete lack of rythme could say something like that.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Datura said...

agreed! no need to be intimidated by stereo types and things you know nothing about...

get your thumb out of your mouth, take a step out of your ipod and live a little...you've got "skillz" too!!

:)

1:48 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

tru dat, sista... propz!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Frosted said...

Natter natter natter. Just like a women.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home