Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My Psychedelic Death

I went last year when it was called Morning Star, and I lost my mind on mushrooms while trapped in my tent (I wasn't physically trapped, just mentally). So why would I want to go back and further mutilate my brain with foreign chemicals? Because it's fun! I quite enjoy losing my mind, except I don't like being trapped in a tent. One lesson I learned last year was that when your mind has no stimuli (like when inside a tent), it will reflect upon itself for entertainment. My mind thought it'd be entertaining to kill me. Just to see what it would be like, I guess. Overall, it was not a terrible experience, but it changed me in numerous unmentionable ways.

If you're interested in reading about my psychedelic death, visit http://www.psychedelia.ca

This year, it's called Big Foot.
http://www.blacklightactivists.ca/bigfoot.html

These parties are a lot of fun, if you're interested in going to an all-weekend rave in the middle of nowhere. The site is 3 hours north of Toronto, on high plateau where you can look down into the forest and lake below. There's supposed to be a hidden waterfall, which we'll try to find this time around. There's music playing almost all weekend long, but after dark is when they really pump up the volume. Not everyone is into the pschedelic part of these types of parties - some people really love the camping and art aspect to it, so they even bring their kids. The BLA (Black Light Activists) set up their signature black light designs around the dance floor and everything there suddenly becomes one big trip.

4 Comments:

Blogger min_o said...

it's not working for me either. i guess the site's down? try back later... i hope you can read it eventually, i'd like to know what you think. what anyone thinks! i wrote it on a whim, 6 months after the fact because it was on my mind so much. i used to break down and cry because it left such a bittersweet feeling in me. but after writing it all out, i haven't been more sane. funny how insanity can lead me to a better state of mind. =D

3:16 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

i call my tent a spaceship because it's a small, aerodynamic tent (i'm not sure why they would want to make a tent aerodynamic i guess in case i wanted to race it against other tents...). when i think of parachute pants, i'm thinking of the big round tents (the ones that are not aerodynamic and that would probably lose in a race against my tent).

what kind of tent do you have?

i don't understand why people buy those like giant mansion 8-people tents because then it's not really camping if everyone has their own room!

seriously tho, it's dangerous being on mushrooms in a tent - i didn't write about the drama surrounding my attempt to go to the washroom during that particular trip - that didn't really have any pertinence to the psychedelic death part of the story, plus it was pretty embarrassing.

3:30 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

no i'm housebroken enough to not pee the tent... but oh i guess it's ok to finally confess - i stuck my ass out the door and peed on the grass. i was also naked at the time.

have u ever been camping then?

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home