Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hello my darlin'! Hello my baby! Hello my ragtime gal!

Last night I dreamt that I was doing freezes like my body weighed nothing. I had a balance problem, but I had no trouble lifting my legs up in the air. It was awesome... if only real life were like that. I have another dance class tonight and I haven't been practicing. =( I'm also feeling extra lathargic and have been forgetting to take my vitamins. I've got a large cup of coffee that has to last me all afternoon if not into the evening. It's really tempting to drink a Red Bull for class, but I'm terrified of well... dying.


My friend, Rita, just got home from Hong Kong. I really miss Hong Kong. I haven't lived there since I was a baby, but it's a very interesting city. It blows my mind how many people are stuffed onto that little island. The apartment buildings are so tall and so close together, they would dwarf our financial district. People dress so crazy there (Note: not stylish like Tokyo... just crazy), and there's so much good food! I really hope datura & I can arrange to go there together because it's a real blast with a friend. You can go on all kinds of adventures and the subway system there is so advanced you can go anywhere by subway! And because of space issues, most people don't own cars, there are always taxis everywhere all red and shiney vroom vroom vroom! My mom's friend has an empty apartment there where he lets guests stay when they visit where I stayed briefly last time I visited, and it'll be available for me next time I go too. =)

Even though I haven't gone anywhere this summer... I'm really glad I took the job here. I'm making some decent summer-job cash (better than most people who have to work retail or service), and I get to spend my afternoons sitting here with my Roastery coffee (I know it's not organic, K - I. don't. care.) chatting with people and doing the crossword and reading the newspaper... good thing my bosses won't read this! =D Life is sweet... I'm lucky because I have so many good friends in this building.

Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Datura said...

...when did Zoey become part of sesame street? hey, you want to geek out on muppets?

i can't wait to read about breakdancing in your blog tomorrow...tonite, think about the 'falling for attention' routine. and batt your eyelashes at your little bruised shoulder. haha. you'll be a natural.

and if we manifest it, a team to hong kong we will be! outrageous!!(but you have to leave your interpol shirt at home, no matter how crazy you cut it up.)

"...a teams what we need! thats just what i said, so we signed up my pilow, and gave him a head..."

1:26 PM  
Blogger min_o said...

frost & i can be twins :D good thing we don't look like we're dating...

1:58 PM  
Blogger Frosted said...

I can't help but notice that had nothing to do with the previous post..... kill em tonight killer - I'm with D on the eyelash batting!

6:57 AM  
Blogger min_o said...

frost - the twins comment was in reference to the fact that we both own identical interpol shirts. which i will mutilate in due course.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home